If you are looking for an class for adults, sign up soon through UT Informal Classes for Stargazing. This is an introductory level course that meets once a week for 4 weeks.
We will learn how to use a telescope and gain confidence in finding planets, stars and constellations. Join me, Amy Jackson, for an engaging, hands-on program that will get you started on your journey learning about astronomy.
In this 4 week course, you will:
- Learn how to use a telescope and gain in self confidence as you practice using it over 4 classes
- Become proficient at finding constellations in the sky and understand what causes our seasons on Earth
- Chart the moon over 3 weeks measuring its altitude and azimuth
- Discover how moon phases and eclipses work
- Walk away knowing why the North star will not always be our North star
- Get a feel for the immense space between the planets
- Understand what you can do to decrease light pollution and save our night sky
Each class also consists of setting up our telescopes, touring the night sky that night, hearing a star lore story and viewing major celestial objects in my 10″ telescope.
This is sure to be a confidence building experience for any adult interested in learning about astronomy!