In the 3 Session Course (age 8 and up) will:
- Learn how to use a telescope and gain in self confidence as you practice using it over 3 classes
- Become proficient at finding constellations in the sky and understand what causes our seasons on Earth
- Chart the moon over 3 weeks measuring its altitude and azimuth
- Discover how moon phases and eclipses work
- Walk away knowing why the North star will not always be our North star
- Get a feel for the immense space between the planets
- Understand what you can do to decrease light pollution and save our night sky
Each class also consists of setting up our telescopes, touring the night sky that night, hearing a star lore story and viewing major celestial objects in my 10″ telescope.
Spring 2016 Courses:
SOUTH AUSTIN April 26, May 3, May 10; 8-9:30pm REGISTER HERE
To schedule this program for your learner or a group of learners,or to customize a program, please email me at: email@example.com or call: 713-825-7978.